Frederick W. Smith, founder of FedEx once said: “Information about the package is as important as the package itself”. Although this quote was aimed at the core functionality of his courier company, there is a bigger picture tied to it, if we look closely. The fact remains that in the current digital age, ecommerce is one of the most lucrative business models online and it’s not just the accessibility to internet that brings a shopper to ecommerce stores but actually the information that prompts them to buy. There are millions of websites out there, how does a user come to know which one to open, what to shop and where to shop. It’s the content available online, which gives them answers to all such probes.
Most of the entrepreneurs are of the view that ecommerce is just about selling a product and an online ecommerce marketplace must only focus on product discovery. They do not associate content-based pages with ecommerce. On the other hand, the content-based pages offering information, like a blog, is crucial for an online store not only when it comes to information relay, but also to enhance SEO of the website. It is one of the best ways to convert a visitor into customer. Let us look at the importance of blog for an ecommerce website closely:
Importance of a blog for an eCommerce website
- The blog is marketing platform to tell your story.
- It is the best way to generate more traffic to your website.
- One can easily enhance the scope of targeted search terms.
- It is one of the best ways for Internal linking products and categories.
- Having a blog allows you to get your website crawled more often.
- A blog helps in building quality backlinks.
- You can promote products on your blog for added traction.
- You can seamlessly share news and update to you targeted audience.
Now that we have looked at the vitality of a blog for an eCommerce store and the increases in sales as well as traffic it brings to your website, let us shed some light on how to start a blog.
How to run a blog for an eCommerce store
- You can share news about your store and publish on the blog which would also help in making your customers aware of your updates.
- You can promote your products by writing the benefits of the said products.
- You can also promote various offers and discounts that you have on your website through blogging.
- Last but not the least you can also plan specific posts, which target your niche search terms. This would give added benefit in terms of SEO.
The main aim of launching a blog for your ecommerce store is to bring the conversion rate up resulting in better sales. Many early stage ecommerce startups having a few audiences are of the view that there is no need for a blog as rarely anyone would read it. The reality is however different. If you start a blog on an ecommerce site, it will be read more by the potential customers and expand your reach as a seller. Have any doubts about blog integration? Send your queries to our experts, they will get back to you with pertinent solution.