Snapshot of Features Delivered
AI Powered Diamond Price Calculator
360 degree Diamond View
Diamond Auctions, Negotiations and Memos
Logistics & Shipment tracking integrating Malca Amit APIs
Diamond Price Evaluation and Trends
Integration with Diamond Certification Bodies
Custom UI for Private Stores
Price Guide for Natural Polished Diamonds
White Labelled Solution for Retail Stores
Online Tenders and Trade Shows
Broker Solution with Price Adjustments
Problems With Being Offline
- Lack of transparency and trust between buyers and sellers throughout the diamond value chain.
- Lower customer confidence due to lack of traceability assurance in the provenance and origins of diamonds.
- Heavy reliance on complicated, questionable diamond price-lists and their associated interpretations.
- Absence of GPS tracking, traceability and visibility across the complex and multi-tiered diamond supply chain.
- Lack of operational efficiency and high operating costs due to manual and duplicate processes.
- Low customer satisfaction scores due to less responsive and complex operating models.
Understanding the Domain
We spent considerable time to gain the understanding of broad patterns of the diamond trading industry. We extensively researched to have a tight grip on the domain knowledge and created a rich database capturing all the critical facets of a diamond persona; Culet, Culet condition, Shape, Color(No BGM), Carat, Clarity, Fluorescence certificate grade, DLF rank, inclusions (Table, Eye clean, Side, Open Inclusions), Luster, Finishing, Extra facet, Table, Pavilion, Crown, Girdle, Shades amongst others.
Translating Insights into Prototypes
We synthesised the research findings from these HMW sessions into actionable insights and created a strategic implementation roadmap. Over a few weeks, we went ahead in full steam to develop an initial high-fidelity prototype, front-end only covering the functionalities like diamonds search, diamonds comparison, filters, bid calculator, diamond details screen and essential admin functionalities.
Progressing Prototypes To MVP
The high fidelity prototypes helped us think ahead for all possible use cases and select the right technology architecture. We customized Yo!Kart and implemented agile practices to identify the blind spots and worked on them quickly. Working at breakneck speed, we developed the application MVP (Minimum Viable Product) application and helped UNI make its first appearance at the Hong Kong International show 2018. UNI opened its online diamond trading platform's MVP to professional diamantaires, diamond manufacturers, buyers and sellers.
Scaling the MVP into finished product
After the successful MVP launch, We worked to scale up the solution by developing functionalities pivoted around the essential use cases across the value chain for B2B and B2C chapters. We implemented DevOps and CICD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) to shore up the continuous and faster rollout of application features. Over three years (2019-2021) we closely collaborated with U.N.I Technologies to achieve the following:
Launch of Mobile Applications
Automatically generate and alert customers (Phone, text message or email) of their order information once the planning is complete.
Ability to look at diamonds from different angles with 360-degree advanced diamond display functionality.
Graphical display for average price trends for a particular segment.
Ability to place a memo order to rent the diamond. Features to handle memo notifications and manage orders.
Information regarding stone location and delivery time estimates.
Compare diamonds across trusted vendors (Retail chain, independent seller).
Search and filter stones with the help of over 50 plus filters.
UNI Diamonds Calculator
Launched a diamond price calculator app that uses an advanced machine learning algorithm to provide the most accurate diamond prices. This calculator uses wholesale diamond prices, sales data and stone's 4C's (Carat, Cut, Colour and Clarity) to precisely calculate the prices.
Team FATbit delivered a complete Back-office Management Engine connected with a secure logistic solution (Malca Amit) with intelligent scheduling and dispatch capabilities, So any vendor (Retail chain and independent seller) can have his/her inventory sold over UNI with 100% availability and crucial trust.
Successful Digital Tenders and Trade Shows
U.N.I Technologies delivered seven-plus successful digital tenders and trade shows on the global scale.
U.N.I Technologies has become the only company worldwide with the cloud solution, infrastructure and logistical capacity to aggregate and consolidate any size of diamond from suppliers, evaluate and carry out quality checks for retail clients, and then complete the sales and secure delivery process through to the final buyer.
Improved customer service efficiency
- Reduced communication with Malca Amit customer service for reconciliation
- Reduced inbound calls from both sellers and end customers
- Single call resolution on bid management
- Automation of delivery notifications calls"
Reduced operational complexity and costs
- Significantly reduced duplicate, redundant processes
- Created standard operating procedures for all the stakeholders
- Reduction of manual processes for driver trip sheet collection, metric reporting, returns, invoicing etc.
- Automation of post-delivery survey
- Reduced ‘route smoothing’ time performed by Malca Amit