Introduction to ShipStation
Connect with your favorite carriers, generate shipping labels, and fetch real-time shipping rates quickly with ShipStation – a global shipping software and leading choice for eCommerce business owners. It offers the lowest shipping rates on USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL, no matter the volume or where you sell. Once configured for your eCommerce operations, ShipStation fetches real-time shipping rates for all carriers and pre-selects the cheapest Shipping/delivery option (although buyers can change as per their preferences) on the checkout page.
Pre-integrated in Yo!Kart
Earlier, the shipping management process in Yo!Kart could only be configured manually by the admin for all shipments. This has changed over the years with the addition of new modules and enhancements to the platform. Now, our latest release Yo!Kart V9.3 comes pre-integrated with ShipStation API to streamline shipping operations and provide customers complete insights on all orders at every stage of the shipping process. The entire process becomes automated with ShipStation API.
Enabled ShipStation API in Yo!Kart
Once enabled within the admin dashboard, ShipStation API performs the following operations:
1. Fetches live shipping rates from carriers configured in the marketplace
2. Automatically update status for all orders and eliminate manual entry
3. Create shipping labels and generate order tracking number from carriers configured
Also, you can map shipping providers (configured using ShipStation API) with tracking courier services (configured using AfterShip API enabled). Go to “Tracking Code Relation “within the admin dashboard to map these services. This allows customers to track orders with ease.
Shipping Management Challenges addressed with ShipStation Integration
Shipping management has been a primary challenge for eCommerce retailers, especially small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). In the age of Amazon with its two-hour or same-day delivery options, retailers are struggling to compete as they fail to streamline shipping processes either due to poor inventory visibility or inadequate returns management. This has partly been caused due to extensive efforts required for manual shipping module operations.
For instance, individually updating order status for each shipment or configuring shipping carriers in the eCommerce marketplace can be hectic for a business owner. With automated shipping management in Yo!Kart, these challenges are mitigated to a great extent.
1. High shipping cost – It is a primary reason for nearly half of all abandoned cart orders in the US, according to Statista. High shipping costs can quickly devour your business as customers do not like to pay for shipping. ShipStation API ensures your customers find the lowest shipping rates across all products in the eCommerce marketplace. The module fetches discounted rates for nearly every major shipping carrier configured.
Top Reasons For Abandoned Carts in the U.S
2. International shipping – From configuring unfamiliar shipping carriers to managing international duties and taxes, there are several complications that prevent eCommerce businesses from expanding globally. ShipStation API simplifies international shipping processes for eCommerce businesses. Once configured, it provides instant refunds, deep discounts, and express delivery to major cities worldwide.
3. Poor inventory monitoring – Ineffective product allocation strategy may cause delayed shipments to buyers leading to poor customer satisfaction. For instance, without a reliable mechanism to track and manage stock levels, customers can place orders for products that are out of stock. To prevent such a situation, Yo!Kart has automated shipping operations enabling retailers/admin to monitor and sync inventory levels more effectively.
When seeking enhanced and personalized delivery for buyers, business owners require accurate information on users, inventory, and more in real-time. Automating shipping management in Yo!Kart streamlines the entire order fulfillment process helping eCommerce retailers improve operational efficiency.
Automate your order fulfillment process with pre-integrated ShipStation API in Yo!Kart